Once logged in, users can follow the steps below to edit user permissions. Select ' from the drop-down menu under the displayed user ID.
Searching for Users: Users can also be searched for based on their first name or last name or user ID. To search for an existing user type the search term and click on the Search icon. The search results will display any matching entries. Click on the 'X' link to clear the search term.
Modifying user Permissions
Click on a user's last name to edit their permissions. All fields except the user ID can be modified.
Note: The collection level permissions are only applicable to institutions that have subscribed to the User Upload content feature. Institutions subscribed to the the Commercial Video Service only will not be seeing these settings.
The next to a collection denotes the collection that the user presently has access to, whereas the next to a collection indicates that the user has not been assigned permissions to that collection.
A brief description of the collection options is given below:
· When checked, it gives the user the ability to upload media content within the selected collection.
· If checked, all the media uploaded by the user will be in an unpublished state until the media is approved by the ICM or Administrator.
· When checked, it gives the permissions to the user to share the uploaded media resource with other users.
- When checked, it gives users the permissions to share the users uploaded media resource with anyone from the Internet (or publicly) i.e the media that can be accessed by anyone without requiring a login.
Note: Some of the check boxes are selected by default. You can check/un-check them according to the role of the new user.
Additional permissions for administrators:
Institutional administrators (IA) and Institutional Collection Managers (ICM) have additional privileges that they can assign to the added users. These options are listed below.
· If checked the user will be assigned as the ICM for that collection and all sub-collections below it. The ICM has permissions to manage all media and users for that collection and its sub-collections
- Create Sub-collections : An additional permission available under the ICM option, If selected, the user will be able to create sub-collections and manage all aspects of the newly created or existing sub-collections. This permission also enables ICM's to create additional ICM's with collection creation permissions (if required)
Special Note for Institutional Administrators (IA):
In addition to special permission within collections the following additional permissions are available to Institutional Administrators.
Note: Institutions subscribed to the the Commercial Video Service only will be seeing the View Commercial Licenses settings.
· If enabled this option gives the user access to add/edit/delete Institutional groups please note that this permission will provide the user access to all the groups created within an institution.
· Access Commercial assets and licensees report : A useful tool for library staff, if enabled this option gives the user access to view the listing of all commercial video content licensed by the institution along with the ability to see the expiry dates for the licenses.
· Manage Interface If given access will allow the user to modify the interface for the institutional branded web page. (Valid only if the institution has opted for the branded web page feature)
· Access Views report Will allow the user to see the viewing statistics for all media viewed on the illumira portal by that institutions members.
· Institutional Administrators can now create personal collections for each user's content during the user creation process. These personal collections can be utilized to organize content better and upon creation gives its owner the ability to manage all aspects of that collection by default.
Permissions that a user has with regards to their personal collection:
- Upload, share and publish content including public share permissions.
- Manage the listing options of all published content
- Managing all objects uploaded in the personal collection.
To create a personal collection during the process of adding an individual user, the institutional administrator can check the "create personal collection box for the user" Upon submission of the form a personal collection will be created for the user. The collection name will follow the format: username@institution_domain.edu
All personal collections are created under a default collection termed 'User Collections' created automatically with the first user personal collection.
·User Upload Storage Limit This option will allow the administrator to toggle the user storage quota settings for that institutions members.(For more information see: Assigning Storage Quota to Users)
- Default: Select this option to set the users storage quota to the institutional default.
- Custom: If the user is to be provided a custom storage quota, select this option and input a value into the text box. All values are in gigabytes (GB). The minimum value is 2 GB.
· Relay Ingest Collection:
User Status: The 'User Status' field allows an ICM to set a status on the user. For e.g a user can be banned, deleted, rejected etc. Only a user with status 'Approved', can create and upload media resources The user can reside in one of the four states:
- User has been approved to create and upload content.
- : User has been banned from uploading any content or accessing uploaded content for reasons decided by the Institutional Administrator, or the ICM. (e.g uploading objectionable/offensive content)
- User has requested access to upload content but not been approved yet.
- Rejected : User has been rejected as decided by the Institutional Administrator, or the ICM.
Once all changes to the required user fields are completed, click on 'Submit Request' to save the changes made to the user.