Once logged in, users can follow the steps below to add and modify collections. Select ' from the drop-down menu under the user ID
To view and modify existing collections select the 'Collections' option from the menu. The collections listed are the ones the user has permissions to. Select a collection to edit its properties.
Renaming a collection and modify abstract
To change the title of a collection, click on the Edit link. A dialog will open up asking you to enter the name of the Collection. Enter the preferred new collection name and click "Save".
Users can also modify the collection abstract or provide one if required.
Changing the Collection Hierarchy
Note:All sub-collections under the collection are moved automatically under the new parent.
Viewing the Collection Objects and Sub-collections
The Edit collection page displays the existing sub-collections under the collection you selected. Select a sub-collection to modify and view its properties.
Users can also see a count of the video objects that are present in the selected collection and its subcollections. Click on 'View All Objects' to view a detailed listing of the uploaded media objects under the collection.
Changing the Collection access and listing/visibility permissions
Modifying Collection Access Permissions:
The access permission lets the user determine who has the access to see the contents of a collection. Administrators and collection managers can specify individual users, institutional groups who will be allowed to see the collection contents after logging in. In addition to individual users and groups collections can also be shared with the entire institution (so that any user from that institution can log in and view the collection contents) and kept private or public/open to everybody. However please note that this permission is only restricted to access to the collection and does not extend to access to individual media items. The permissions that are available here are:
- Private: The collection is private to the collection manager that created them and to other collection managers of this newly created collection and the parent collections in addition to Institutional Administrators.
- Share with Users: You can specify a list of usernames or user ids of the users of your institution that you want to share the access to see contents of this collection with.
- Share with Groups: You can share the collection access with a user group. Learn more about Groups here.
- Everyone at my Institution: Selecting this option will give access to see the collection contents to everyone from your institution.
- Public: This option will make the collection public. Anyone can see the contents of the collection without logging in.
Administrators and Collection managers can specify if they want a collection to be listed on the website for other users to see. This permission can also be given to list specific collections only to users who have access to them. Collections have the following listing/visibility options:
- Inherit permissions: When selected this permission will only let users who have access to the collection via the access permissions mentioned above, see it listed on the website after logging in.
- Listed: This option when checked lists the collection on the illumira website (and Institution branded website)
- Unlisted: The collection is not visible on the website. These are hidden collections of media.
Default search listing for newly created objects:
This option sets the default search listing value for all the objects created within this collection.
Administrators can choose if the objects created in this collection will by default be:
- Listed in public searches and listings OR
- Listed in public searches and listings for authorized users only i.e co-owners and users the media is shared with OR
- Unlisted from all listings and searches.
However please note that these are just the default values, the user uploading the media can choose to change this value if needed.
This option when enabled permits other users to create annotations/learning objects from the media content in that collection.
Please note that a collection cannot be deleted if has any media objects or sub-collections present under it. Users have to delete all media present within the collection and all sub-collections present before attempting to delete a collection.