Understanding the Administrative Hierarchy
is important as it will allow the Institutional Administrator to optimize the
usage of the LOD service.
A brief description of the roles specified in the permission structure are provided below:
The Institutional Administrator is
the topmost level user at an institution and can perform the following functions:
- Can create collections within the top level institutional collection. Can also assign ICMs to any of the created collections, including ICMs with collection creation abilities.
Can add, manage as well as view
all media content that has been created by the institutional users.
Can manage Institutional branding
and assign users to do so.
Can manage integration with
Camtasia relay and LTI tools, as well as assign default institutional collections
Can create institutional groups
as well as assign users the permission to do so.
Can assign users non-collection
specific administrative permissions such as :
- Managing Institutional groups
- Viewing commercial license listing
- Viewing statistics for institutional media.
- Managing branding for institution.
Manages account storage and ensures accounts
do not exceed the storage limit.
Serves as the NJVID point of contact for each
institution; is generally responsible
for training all users within the Institution.
- Can assign other users as ICMs for any of the created sub-collections.
Has all privileges of the Institutional
Collection Manager (see details below).
An administrator at a collection level, this user has the following permissions within NJVID
- Can add and mange users who wish to upload media into the collection
- Can upload media and manage them for the collection that the user is assigned to AND all existing sub collections.
- Can modify metatdata and mana
This scope for management functions includes changing permissions,
deletion, and access roles for all users and media.
4. Members with 'Manage Users' Permission:
These users have the basic administrative permission of having ability to add and manage users only for the collection they have been assigned. They may or may not have permissions to upload media.
5. Users with Media Upload Permissions:
These users would be the faculty and/or students who would just be uploading their media and managing them. This permission is restricted to the collection that they have been assigned to. Users can have such permissions for more than one collection. However a user uploading from within an LMS doesn't require to be added prior, the user is dynamically added as a user with upload video permissions on the NJVID LOD end for the LMS collection where the media is deposited.