Accessing the Manage Media interface
The Manage Media interface enables users to see listing of uploaded content and edit their share/listing properties and add them to existing or new playlists. To start, users need to log into NJVID using their credentials. Once logged in, users can follow the steps below to navigate to the media listing interface.
Select from the drop-down menu under the displayed user ID.
The User will then be directed to Dashboard page displaying all the available user options. To view uploaded media content click on the 'Media' menu button.
The user will be directed to the Media pane which displays all uploaded/managed media that are available for the user. The type of content (video, audio, PDF, image) is denoted by the icon next to the media title.
Users can filter the listing from the 'Filter' menu. The listing lets the user filter content based on Date added, Creator, Media Type, and Published Status.
To bulk edit media properties select one or multiple objects from the list.
Users can also select all the displayed objects by selecting them all from the Select All option.
Once an object is selected the Actions link is displayed and available to the user. This link lets the user manage certain of the media properties without going into the individual objects.
Select the Actions link to view the available options. Each one of the options is described in detail below.
Sharing of content
Select the “Share” option. Using this option users can share up-to 100 (using the 'Show 100' and 'Select All' ) objects at a time.
Share dialog options are as follows:
- Private: The video is private. Only the user who uploaded the video (the creator) and any assigned additional owners of the video will be able to see the video
- Share with Users: You can specify a list of usernames or user IDs of the users of your institution that you want to share the video with.
- Share with Groups: You can share videos with a user group.
- Everyone at my Institution. Selecting this option will share the video with everyone from your institution.
- Public: This option will make the video public. Anyone from the internet can watch the video.
Note: Some users may not have the public option if the administrator has not granted a user 'Share with public' privilege.
Click on 'Save' to confirm and save the change in permissions for the selected objects.