To upload a video using the media player first, Select your 'course' after logging in to Moodle for which you are authorized to make changes.
Click on the 'Turn Editing On' button on the top right hand side corner and follow the steps demonstrated below to upload an image resource.
Once you have turned the editing 'ON' for your course page, navigate to the 'Add a Resource' drop-down for your desired week and select the Media Player resource from the drop-down list.
Once you select the tool from the drop-down as shown in the previous step you will be directed to the activity information page:
1. Enter a suitable title and description for the image resource in the 'Activity Name' and 'Activity Description' fields.
2. Click on 'Save and Display' once you have finished entering the above two fields.
To begin uploading new media content, select the upload image option from the interface.
:The source tab allows the user to specify where the system should pick up the image file from.
Upload from device: Users can upload a image file from their computers, tablets and phones using this option. To begin uploading a file, click on the 'Select a file' option. Additionally if the device browser supports HTML5, users can also drag and drop a file into the highlighted area to initiate the upload. Please do not close the browser tab till the upload process is completed.
*Only when the device browser supports HTML 5. Not valid for Internet Explorer version 9
- Enter URL: Users can also upload an image file using an HTTP/FTP link that points to the file.
- Using the FTP Browser: Click on the 'FTP Browser' link. A dialog box will open where the user can specify the host and other information of the FTP server. Click on 'Connect' to connect to the FTP server. A list of files in the FTP server will be shown. Navigate to the directory/folder and select the image file to upload.
Abstract / Summary: This text box allows the user to provide a image description and related information.
Send email notifications when media is available to view: Sends out an email to all specified email addresses notifying the availability of the uploaded resource.
Faculty/Administrators can use the 'Pick Media' option to select image resources which are available for them and add them into the course.
In addition to any image resources listed under 'My Media', users also have the option to pick and choose files from other sources such as any bookmarked resources, shared image resources etc.
The 'Select a source' option displays the collections and available media that can be added. Users can choose from:
· My Media (default view): This option lists all the media and image resources uploaded by the user or that to which the user is assigned as a 'co-owner' from the resource permissions page.
· My Favorites: This option lists all the media and image resources that have been bookmarked by the user as a 'Favorite'
· Pick a Collection: Users can click on this option to browse through institutional collections displayed as a hierarchical structure. The collections option lists all the institutional collections, containing media and all image resources that are shared with the entire institution. In addition instructors can also see listed any hidden/unlisted collections as long as they have access to (i.e. shared with) at least one media object or image resource in that collection.
Using Search Functionality
Users can utilize the available search functionality to search for a image resource within the selected category item.
Users can specify the URL of any NJVID image resource that is is accessible by them to upload them to the course for the students to view.
Such titles may include image resources shared with them by another user as well as any NJVID media or image resource that is publicly accessible.
Copy paste the media link into the text-box and click 'Submit'. The title will be added to the media list in the course.