- Accessing the 'Manage Media' interface
- Editing the image resource metadata
Replacing or updating an image file for an existing resource
Modifying publishing options
The Manage Media interface enables users to view uploaded image resources and edit their metadata and share/listing properties. To start, users need to log into NJVID using their credentials. Once logged in, users can follow the steps below to navigate to the Media listing interface.
Select from the drop-down menu under the displayed user ID.
The User will then be directed to Dashboard page displaying all the available user options. To view uploaded media content click on the 'Media' menu button.
To edit metadata and other properties of any image resource that has been uploaded, click on the title link.
The Edit Object page is lets users edit properties of the image resource with regards to the object document, metadata and publishing options.
The Details pane allows users to edit any details regarding the image resource. Users can add or change content related to the abstract/description and rights related information of the uploaded resource.
The Details pane also provides the user with the URL to the uploaded resource which can then be published or distributed to other users.Click on the Edit button on the top right hand side corner of the pane to begin editing, and click on Submit Request after to have made all changes to save them.
The media datastreams pane allows the user to make the following changes with regards to the image resource presented on the page. The option allows the user upload a new source/master file. This option is useful when user wants to 'replace' the existing image file with a new file. It can also be used in cases when the image file is not available at the time of creating a new resource using the +Add Image option.
Steps to replace a Master file and existing presentation media:
- Delete the existing master.
- Add a new master file from your computer by clicking on the Add Master option.
The digitization process takes place automatically.
The publishing options allows you to edit the following aspects about the selected media object:
Collections: A user can change the collections in
which the selected image resource is to be featured. Regular users can replace a collection with new collection that they have access to. However Institutional administrators can also add collections so that the resource may be featured in more than one collections.
Share: This option allows the user to set viewing permissions on the image resource. The user can choose to make a resource/object private, share it with specific users or group, share it with the user's institution or make it public.
- Expiry Date: Users
can choose a date after which the image resource will no longer be available. Please note that after the expiry date the image resource will no longer be available and will be automatically removed from the system after a certain period of
Additional Owners: You
can specify additional owners (if any) for the image resource. One or more
additional owners can be specified (comma separated user/netID’s) The
additional owner thus also has permissions to edit/delete the image resource.
Please note that users need to be registered if
they want to manage a image resource for which they are additional owners.
- Search / Discovery Option: Allows a user to toggle whether the image resource is displayed in search listings. The 'List media in searches for authorized users only' means that only those users who have access to 'view' the media file (i.e shared with) can see the media resource listed and available in search results.
- A list of playlists that the user has already created will be displayed. The user then selects one or more playlists from the lists and the media will be immediately added to those playlists. Users can also create a new playlist by entering it in the textbox below the list and click on "Add" and then the "Submit" key.
Statistics: The statistics option allows user to view usage statistics and graphs for the video.