Image resources added to the repository are by default, accessible by just the owner (and additional owners, if any). This state of the permission is also referred to as the media file being 'Private'.
Access to image resources in the repository can be permitted to one or more of the following:
- Specific users in your institution
- Named users (Usernames of the user is specified)
- User Groups (the name of one or more previously created name of a group can be specified)
- Specific roles (faculty, staff) in your institution
- Everyone (Public)
You can easily share a video from the list of videos displayed on the 'Manage Media' page.
For every video you should see a Share' button.
Clicking on the share button will open up a dialog box where users can set choose share options
3. Specifying share permissions in the video properties page
A resource can also be shared from from within the Edit Media details page. Simply click on the Share options button and select the sharing permission. Under Publishing options for the image resource, click the 'Share' button.