The share options allows the user to specify who has access to view the PDF.
The options available under the share dialog box are as follows:
- Private: The selected PDF resource is private. Only the user who uploaded the resource (i.e. the creator) along with NJVID administrators of the institution and collections and any assigned additional owners of the resource will be able to access the PDF file.
- Share with Users: The user can specify a list of usernames or userID of the the institution that can access the selected PDF resource.
- Share with Groups: The user can share the PDF resource with a previously created personal or institutional user group. To read more on groups click here (insert link) .
- Everyone at my Institution. Selecting this option will give access to the PD resource to everyone from users institution. The users can log in and access/view the PDF resource.
- Public: This option will make the PDF resource public. Users can access the PDF and view it without the need to log into the NJVID platform.
Note: Some users may not have the public option if the administrator has not granted a user 'Share with public' privilege.