The Publishing tab allows users to set expiry date, specify additional users and control PDF resource visibility in search listings.
Accessing the Publishing Options
During Media Upload Process: Users can access the Publishing options from the Publishing Tab on the 'Add Media' page.
Post Media Upload: Select the PDF resource file from the listing under the dashboard menu, whose publishing options needs to be accessed.
On clicking the title, the user will be directed to the 'Edit Object' page for that uploaded PDF resource. The Publishing options are available on the lower left hand pane.
Publishing Options Explained
The options available to users under Publishing are explained in detail below:
· PDF resource will no longer be available for viewing.
· PDF resource. One or more additional owners can be specified (userID’s should be separated by commas). The additional owner of the PDF resource has permissions to edit and / or delete the PDF resource. They do not necessarily have to be added to be registered users of Learning on Demand to have their userID in this field, but the user MUST be a registered NJVID user to manage the PDF resource.
· A list of playlists that the user has already created will be displayed. The user then selects one or more playlists from the lists and the media will be immediately added to those playlists. Users can also create a new playlist by entering it in the textbox below the list and click on "Add" and then the "Submit" key.
· Allows a user to control the visibility of the uploaded PDF resource on the website. Users will first have to select a collection to view the permissions available in this option.
· List media in public searches and listings: Select this option to make the PDF resource visible in collection listings, search results and others. Note that this does not change the view permissions on the PDF resource itself. The PDF resource is usually listed with title, description and thumbnails in various listings.
· List media in searches for authorized users only:Selecting this option will make the PDF resource visible in collection listings to those users who have access to 'view' the PDF resource (i.e. access given by sharing PDF resource with that user/users or a group or institution). For example, if a PDF resource that is being uploaded has group "CS101" assigned to it, then all members of the CS101 group will find this PDF resource in their collection listing or search results if they search for that PDF resource.
·Unlist media from search and listings: The PDF resource is blacklisted from collection listings and search results.