Once the Building block is installed and you have configured its settings, follow these instructions to create the "Media Player".
Click on "Register New Tool"
- For the "Name" field, enter "Media Player" or "NJVID Player". Merit Cloud Media subscribers can enter "Merit Cloud Media Player"
- For the "Tool type" field, select "Media Player"
- Launch URL: Enter the Launch URL that was provided to you in the email
- Consumer Key: Enter the consumer key that was provided to you in the email
- Shared secret: Enter the Shared Secret that was provided to you in the email
Setting the Media Player data settings
Select the newly created tool and select 'Edit data settings' in the drop-down
- Check and enable 'Context ID'
- For "Value to use for context ID", select "Course ID"
- Check and enable Context Sourcedtd,
- Check and enable Context Title
- User ID select 'Required by tool'
- Value to use for user ID, select 'Username'
- Sourcedtd: Checked
- Username: select "Required by tool"
- Email: "Required by tool"
- User Avatar: Unchecked
- User Roles: Checked
In the "Role Mappings" section
- Course Builder, Grader and Instructor can be mapped to Instructor
- Student to Learner
- "Send administrator role" must be checked and enabled.
Setting the Media Player launch settings
Select the newly created tool and select 'Edit Launch settings' in the drop-down
- Select Open tool in: Frame
Select the recently configured "Media Player" tool, and from the "Display on menu" menu, select "Build Content: Create Media"
Select the tool again and click on "Status" drop down, and select "Enable"
Review your settings to match what you see below