Administrators and users can choose to modify access permissions for a single or multiple media resource(s)in a collection for the objects that they have access to. Users can achieve this through the following steps:
Change access permissions on single/multiple(bulk resources) using the 'Media' interface
Users can modify access permissions for a single or multiple media resource(s) for the objects that they have access to, using the 'Manage Media' menu.
Select the 'Admin Dashboard' menu from under the username, after logging into NJVID.
From the listed media titles, select the desired media files for which access/share permissions needs to be changed.
Users can also select all the objects displayed at the same time using the 'Select all' option.
Once selected click on the “Actions” button and select the “Share” option. Using this option users can move up-to 100 (using the 'Show 100' and 'Select All' ) objects at a time to a different collection.
Share dialog options are as follows:
- Private: The video is private. Only the user who uploaded the video (the creator) and any assigned additional owners of the video will be able to see the video
- Share with Users: You can specify a list of usernames or userids of the users of your institution that you want to share the video with.
- Share with Groups: You can share videos with a user group.
- Everyone at my Institution. Selecting this option will share the video with everyone from your institution.
- Public: This option will make the video public. Anyone from the internet can watch the video.
Note: Some users may not have the public option if the administrator has not granted a user 'Share with public' privilege.
Click on 'Save' to confirm and save the change in access permissions for the selected objects.