- Access Permissions to create/edit captions
- NJVID player support for closed captions
- Creating and Editing closed captions for uploaded media from the website
- Creating and Editing closed captions from LMS with NJVID LTI tool
The access permissions to edit and create the available captions for an NJVID media are available to the following category of users:
- Media owners
- Media co-owners
- Institutional Collection Managers (ICM's)
- Institutional Administrators (IA)
- Media Owners: Media Owners can use the NJVID closed caption features and tools to view the available captions for their uploaded media, edit or modify them as well as create and add new closed captions.
- Media additional owners/ co-owners: The NJVID closed caption features and tools are accessible to any additional media owners or co-owners that have been added the particular NJVID resource from the Add Media/Edit Media interface by the owners or administrators.
- Institutional Collection Managers (ICM's): All Institutional Collection Managers (ICM's) would be able to access the NJVID closed caption management feature and tool for all objects in the collections that they manage.
Institutional Administrators (IA's): Institutional administrators would be able to able to access the closed caption management feature and tool for all media objects created within their institution.
The closed caption options can be toggled with the CC button on the player.
Users having access permissions to the caption management and tool feature (discussed above) can use the edit object interface for a media resource and create and manage the captions using the tool.
To get to the caption management page simply click on select from the drop-down menu under the displayed user ID.
The User will then be directed to Dashboard page displaying all the available user options. Click on 'Media' link to view all uploaded/managed media content.
Click on a media link to edit its properties.
Select the Create/Edit Caption option from the drop-down under the Closed Caption link.
Users having access permissions to the caption management and tool feature (discussed above) can directly create and manage captions for their media content from within an Learning Management System (LMS) environment. For LMS systems integrated with the NJVID LTI tool, users using the tool to upload media into NJVID can also create and add closed captions to them as well.
Creating closed captions for uploaded media
Users can provide closed caption files to an existing media resource. To access the caption creator/ management page hover mouse inside the video player and select the Manage captions option. You will be directed to the closed caption creator/ management page. Please see the article on the tool for steps on creating and managing closed captions.