Unable to play/view video on NJVID? Please follow the steps below to diagnose the issue.
Step 1: Determine Browser Compatibility
NJVID currently supports the following browsers. Please
verify that your browser is compatible.
- Internet Explorer version 9 or later,
- Firefox Version 2 or later,
- Google Chrome Version 10 (or newer),
Please try playing the problem video on a different browser to see
if it can be played before going to Step 2.
Step 2: Ensure you have latest
version of Adobe Flash
- NJVID Video playback issues are often caused due to an outdated Flash plugin.
- Please click on this link below to make sure your browser is running the most up-to-date version of Adobe Flash.
- Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
If you do not have Adobe Flash installed the link will also help
you to install it for your browser.
- Once you have verified that you have the latest version of Adobe flash plugin installed, please re-try to view the video.
require a restart to complete the plugin installation, hence please ensure that
you have done so before the trying to play the video.
In some cases, browser add-ons or extensions
might prevent video playback. Please ensure that plugins that block flash video
playback are disabled.
Torrent peer blocking software's might prevent video
from playing, hence ensure software's such as Peerblock are disabled when
trying to play a media on NJVID.
Step 4: Check your firewall
Please ensure that any firewall settings affecting flash
video playback are disabled.
Step 5: Network Issues:
- Bandwidth: NJVID requires a minimum of 2 Mbps and optimal of 5 Mbps download for video playback. To check your internet bandwidth please click on the link below and select 'begin test' to check your network speed. (Link: http://www.speedtest.net)
- Ports: If the user is seeing a playback issue where the page loads but the video playback does not display, please check with your institutions network team if port 1935 is available for RTMPE streaming.
Step 6: Check if videos play in another computer
- Sometimes memory and processor issues might prevent a computer from playing NJVID media.
Users are requested to check if such a media titles on NJVID can be played on a
different computer or device.
Step 7: Others
If you are still facing issues despite the steps followed above, please email our support team. However to better assist your case we request you provide us the following information along with your ticket.
Provide us with the video links that you are
having issues playback.
Send us screenshots of the page where you are
seeing the issue.
Visit http://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and
provide screenshot of the results displayed on that page.
Visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and provide
screenshot of the results displayed on that page.
Please click on the three links below and let us
know which of the videos are you able to view:
- Flowplayer basic test - http://flash.flowplayer.org/demos/installation/index.htm
- Flowplayer RTMP test - http://flash.flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/rtmp.html
- NJVID bars and tones test video - http://www.njvid.net/showvideo.php?pid=njcore:35476
- We request you to provide the following details to ensure we can assist you optimally:
- Your institutional ID
- The device you are playing this video on
- The environment you are trying to play this on : i.e. NJVID webpage or an LMS environment (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Sakai etc,)